About Curt Staley – Coast Guard Certified Captain
- To develop a lifetime career as a professional angler. This would include the following areas, as a highly respectable guide on Lake Guntersville, a professional tournament angler and as a representative for outdoor products.
- 2003 Wal-Mart BFL All American Qualifier
- First Place 2008 BassMasters Weekend Series – Weiss Lake – Winner Triton Black Gold Award
- 2008 Divisional Points Leader / BWS North Alabama Division
- 3rd Place 2009 Wheeler Lake 2009
- 3rd overall 2009 Divisional / BWS North Alabama Division (Falling short by 9 Points)
- Triton Gold award 4 times for top finishing Triton Owner
- Professional guide and tournament angler and owner of Curt Staley’s Pro Guide Service on beautiful Lake Guntersville in northeast Alabama. Started Guiding part time while working in Engineering support at a manufacturing company in Huntsville, AL. Started Guiding full time in February 2003.
- I have fished with clients from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Japan, Ireland and Germany.
- My First Guide trip was with Dennis and Luke Williamson from Ipswich / Brisbane, Austrailia. We fished four days (2 were from Sun-up to after dark) Here are a couple pictures from that first guiding experience. They were visiting the USA to attend the Talladega race in April of 1999. They were huge Dale Earnhardt #3 Fans. Dennis was also an Elvis Pressley fan and visited Gracland in Memphis while here on their vacation.
- I am 37 years old and a full time fisherman participating in a selective array of tournaments and running my professional Fishing Guide Service on Lake Guntersville, Alabama. I am very outgoing and I am described by my father as a man who has never met a stranger. As I meet new people it is my desire to make them feel the same.
- In the future as my career expands my desire is to develop professional and sponsor relationships that will allow me to tackle the challenge of participating in the professional circuits. I believe I possess the experience the knowledge and the drive to do well.
- There are times of the year that get slow for running fishing trips. My work is filled in by working for Legend Builders of Brownsboro, Alabama. We remodel homes.
- I currently own a 2011 21′ Triton HP Elite Series Bass Boat with a 250XS Mercury OptiMax. I am on the Triton boat support team and try to replace my rig every 1.5 years. I just placed this boat in service 4/30/2011. This boat is equipped with the most up to date equipment available:
- My fishing arsenal consists of G-Loomis equipped with Plunger, Shimano, Chronarch and Diawa reels.
I hope to get the chance to talk with you and answer all of your questions.